Our experienced Debt Recovery Lawyers are skilled at pursuing the most efficient and effective legal avenues to recover your debts.
Trying to recovery your debt yourself may result in you throwing good money after bad. At times the court fees or lodgement fees may turn you off pursuing your money. It is important to consult a Platinum Debt Recovery Lawyer who is intimately familiar with all the legal avenues to recover various types of debts arising from an endless array of scenarios.
At times a carefully drafted letter of demand or a phone call from a debt recovery lawyer is all that is required to get paid. However, often enough, more drastic action is called for.
For individual debtors, Debt Recovery Lawyers Sydney may choose to utilise any of the following:
- Obtaining judgment from court against your debtor
- Executing a writ for possession of property or land (the sheriff is called upon to sell the debtors property)
- Examination orders (an order requiring the debtor to attend court and answer financial questions)
- Garnishee orders (an order requiring a third party to pay you a certain amount of money, usually the debtor’s employer paying you a certain amount each pay day)
- Commencing bankruptcy proceedings
With corporate debtors, Our Debt Recovery Lawyers adopt similar practices, however rather than commence bankruptcy proceedings our debt recovery lawyers can commence winding up proceedings against a corporation.
Often your decision to commence debt recovery proceedings involves a delicate balancing act, weighing up the costs of debt recovery and the prospects of getting paid. Our experienced debt recovery lawyers will provide you with the advice you need to make your informed decision.