Navigating your WILL through COVID-19
Preparing a “Will” during a time of uncertainty is the most guaranteed safeguard anybody can provide themselves and their families
The NSW Government has offered a $90 billion lending facility to banks for small business – but there are ALWAYS strings attached.
In the wake of the current situation with the Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic that has a global affect, many people and their families have found themselves on the less prepared side of this pandemic, and whilst most are desperately reaching for the supermarket shelves, there far more pressing issues that need to be considered.
Many of us have been self-isolating to avoid falling ill or been forced into quarantine due to being exposed or, in the unfortunate event of testing positive for the virus.
Similarly, there are many employees working remotely, leaving employers wondering how they will execute important documents if signatories are unavailable.
Since the new norm now is to stay home, it’s no longer business as usual.
Three ways to maintain life outside the home, while staying home:
- Appointment of an Enduring Guardian (or a Medical Treatment Decision-Maker as its known in some states), authorising a person or persons to make decisions on your behalf about your medical treatment or personal affairs when you no longer have capacity to do so.
- General Powers of Attorney, allowing companies to authorise a person or persons to make decisions on behalf of the directors and give effect to those decisions.
- Enduring Powers of Attorney, allowing individuals to authorise a person or persons to act on their behalf with respect to financial, legal and personal matters.
Preparation in the current climate is key
- Prepare a Will during Coronavirus (Covid-19) – Ensuring you have a secure estate plan in place can ensure that you and your family avoid unnecessary complications when business is as unusual.
Please contact Platinum Lawyers Wills and Estates Lawyers for any enquiries in relation to being better prepared for this crisis and updating your estate plan, including an Enduring Guardian and Power of Attorney.
Special Covid-19 Offer Pricing:
- $1,200 plus GST and Disbursements per standard* Individual Will
- Power of Attorney & Enduring Guardianships from $750 plus GST
- Package price of $1,650 inclusive of GST for standard*Individual Will, Power of Attorney and Enduring Guardianship
- Package price of $2,800 inclusive of GST for Spouse to Spouse standard* Wills (Husband and Wife), Power of Attorney and Enduring Guardianships for each.
We look forward to discussing your WILL, so please contact us below:
Solicitor / Director
Sydney Office: Level 14, 77 King Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: (02) 8084 2764 | Fax: (02) 8079 6843